Our oil blends contain active ingredients and carrier oil only. This means we will never use synthetic or ‘natural’ flavorings or dyes, all of which are unnecessary and compromise the purpose of natural supplementation. All of our oil blends are available with either full spectrum hemp extract or zero THC CBD isolate.
- Sunflower oil is low in saturated fat and also contains monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats along with vitamins A, C, D and E, making it one of the healthiest oils for consumption. We always use un-refined and organic sunflower oil.
- Full Spectrum hemp extract is the pure oil extracted from the hemp plant, containing unmodified cannabinoids and compounds. Unlike isolated or synthetic cannabinoids, full spectrum hemp oil contains an array of cannabinoids, is naturally high in CBD (cannabidiol), and contains many essential vitamins and minerals, fatty acids, flavonoids and terpenes.
- CBD Isolate is a pure, crystalline powder that contains 99% pure cannabidiol (CBD). CBD isolate contains only CBD. All the plant matter contained in the hemp plant, including oils, chlorophyll, and more are removed. CBD isolate contains no THC or other cannabinoids, resulting in a product that contains CBD and nothing more.
- CBG isolate is a pure, crystalline powder that contains 99% pure cannabigerole (CBG). CBG is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid known to be anti-bacterial and reduce inflammation. CBG is being studied for its application in treating neuro-degenerative disorders and it’s role in inhibiting cancer cell growth.
- Copaiba is a stimulant oleoresin obtained from the trunk of several pinnate-leaved South American leguminous trees (genus Copaifera), and is what copaiba resin is made from. A powerful anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and expectorant, Copaiba has been used medicinally since at least 1625 for the natural treatment of health concerns. Copaiba has stimulating effects, similar to coffee, but without the side effects of caffeine. We use organic copaiba resin in our CBD and Copaiba resin blend.
All of our topicals are formulated with the highest quality, organic herbs, oils, butters and resins. We never use artificial colors or fragrances and only use natural preservatives (when necessary) and antioxidants to prolong shelf life and maintain product integrity. All of our topicals contain full spectrum hemp extract, with the exception of Skin Soother, which contains CBD isolate.
- Shea butter is excellent for deeply moisturizing and nourishing the skin. It is loaded with vitamins that benefit the skin for elasticity, protection from free free radicals, and it contains naturally occurring sun protection. It can help fade stretch marks and is commonly used to help topically treat symptoms caused from eczema, psoriasis and other skin conditions.
- Sunflower oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help lower skin redness and roughness. Sunflower seed oil is high in omega-6 (linoleic) fatty acid and vitamin E. Omega-6 acid helps decrease inflammation in the skin and encourages the development of new skin cells.
- Full spectrum hemp extract is high in cannabidiol (CBD), and is an active ingredient in most of our topicals. Since CBD is a natural anti-inflammatory, it can help soothe and relax your skin, topically. As a result, the appearance of blemishes like acne or red spots can be diminished. CBD also appears to stimulate oil production, which can help alleviate the symptoms of eczema and other skin conditions. CBD acts as an antioxidant, which can discourage the breakdown of collagen in aging skin. Studies indicate that topical CBD application also has therapeutic potential for relief of arthritis pain and inflammation without any evident side-effects.
- We infuse only the best carrier oils with Organic herbs that are anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and vulnerary, by nature. Vulnerary herbs, such as calendula, comfrey and marshmallow root can support healing of wounds, scrapes, rashes, burns, sprains, torn muscles, broken bones, and even bruising. Anti-inflammatory herbs, such as chamomile, arnica and frankincense may help calm inflammation. Inflammation of the skin can result in heat, redness, swelling, pain and itchiness. Anti-microbial herbs, such as lavender, lemon balm, Basil are all soothing and have calming effects when applied topically.
- Optiphen Plus is a broad spectrum preservative that does not contain parabens or formaldehyde. At Authentic Botanicals, we only use preservatives when they are absolutely necessary to prevent mold, bacteria and yeast growth, all of which can grow rapidly in products containing water. Though most of our products are anhydrous, which means they contain absolutely no water, Muscle Relief cream contains magnesium brine, which contains distilled water. We use Optiphen Plus to maintain the integrity of the formula, but more importantly, to protect our customers, as mold, bacteria and yeast can cause adverse reactions and more.
- Tocopherol (Vitamin E) has many benefits for the skin, including emollient and anti-aging properties, but we use it in all of our anyhydrous products to inhibit oxidization of oils to prolong shelf life and maintain the integrity of the product.